If we who are pregnant cats already showing symptoms of childbirth, should you need to improve supervision of the cat. The easiest way is to enter a cat into the cage so that the supervision and handling easier and faster. Before the period gave birth to her children, the mother cat has a gestation period of approximately 60-70 days, or about 2 months. If you have a purebred cat like Angora cats, Persian and other species should be considered correct race different from the cat’s village that has sharp instincts. But for the cat lovers have to pay attention to her beloved cat to give birth although not of sense knows only domestic cats. Attention is given to cats to give birth as body temperature and nutrients in the diet that a cat can be guaranteed. So these are some way in preparing the cat for A new baby such as:
- Provide a comfortable and warm. For example, a large cardboard box filled with a towel or mat and paper debris.
- Place the place of birth in a warm location, clean, quiet and supervised. Ensure that this place has been available at least 1-2 weeks before the time of childbirth.
- Place the cat in a available a minimum of 7-12 days before giving birth. So the cat accustomed until she gives birth.
- Use the litter (litter) that is not easy to agglomerate. Because sometimes cat gave birth in the litter. Sand contained in the litter box could adhere in the body of a newborn child. Parent cats usually do not want to clean or licking her when covered in sand clot. Use only sand zeolites are relatively cheap and do not clot.
- Keep away from other cats. During childbirth, cats do not like being close to other cats, although cats that have known each other for a long time. Maternal instinct and protection will be stronger when approaching birth. There are some cats who just gave birth would directly attack the approaching cat.
- Prepare inventory eating and drinking enough.
- Do not let the cat alone while giving birth.
- Check your vet. Prepare a note addresses and telephone numbers some clinic or vet. Call and find information veterinarian / clinic that is open 24 hours as preparation for when there is a case of emergency.
Tools and materials to help in preparing the cat for a new baby:
- Basket sleep or cages covered with cloth or paper as warmers.
- Lights warmers.
- Towel dry, tissue, or cotton swab to clean the baby if the parent does not want the cat to lick.
- Scissors stainless steel that has been sterilized.
- Yarn, cotton bud, and suction (can use baby cleanser nose).
- Woven gauze, alcohol 70%, antiseptic and sterile containers.
- Prepare a sharp scissors to cut the umbilical cord. Make sure the scissors are not rusty.
- Tweezers or thread to clamp the umbilical cord.
- Prepare drugs such as alcohol or drug wound to clean the cut umbilical cord. This is to avoid infection from happening both for the mother and for the baby cat.
After it contains for approximately 2 months, our pet cat will lead the next stage of the process and the long-awaited by the cat lovers all, the cat will give birth. Now we as owners should know how to handle cats give birth. When it comes to the end of the period of gestation (pregnancy) in cats, we as the owner or the owner must be able to prepare everything ahead of time of the birth.
The following signs or characteristics of cats give birth:
-The Easiest to recognize is the cat always noisy
- Scratching pads or sewage.
-looking Hidden place to give birth to her child at the same time that her children safe If we who are pregnant cat is showing symptoms like that, should we need to improve supervision of the cat. The easiest way is to enter a cat into the cage so that the supervision and handling easier and faster.
Preparation before the cat gave birth to, among others:
Make the cage / cozy and warm place for cats.
can be a cardboard box that is large enough, then stuffed with a towel or mat and possible fragments are cut or torn paper, then it can be said to be sufficient for a cat gave birth to you. Then warm place, clean, quiet and well supervised. Prepared if this place has been available at least 1-2 weeks before the time of childbirth. Place the cat in the cage a minimum of 7-12 days before giving birth. So the cat accustomed until she gives birth.
Use a litter box that is not easy to agglomerate.
There are cases where sometimes the cat will choose to give birth to her child in a box / litter (litter). Sand contained in the litter box can be attached to the body of a newborn child. Parent cats usually do not want to clean (licking) son when covered with sand clot. Use only sand zealots are relatively cheap and do not clot. Take away from other cats.
If you already have a lot of Angora Persian cat or another, make sure the place of birth away from other cats. At the time of delivery, the cat does not like to be near other cats, although cats that have known each other for a long time. Maternal instinct and protection will be stronger when approaching birth. There are some cats who just gave birth would directly attack the approaching cat.
Prepare adequate food supplies.
Prepare supplies of food and drinking enough for your cat. Do not leave your cat alone in childbirth; you always try check if there is time.
Check to the nearest vet.Soon you prepared notes addresses and telephone numbers some clinic or vet. Call and find information veterinarian / clinic that are open 24 hours as preparations if there is something unexpected undesirable. So, that’s all the information in preparing the cat for a new baby.